- Outer pad is constructed of 600D PVC. A durable denier fabric with herringbone weave and DWR treatment for water repellency.
- Micro-brushed inner lining protects your tailgate from rub and wear marks.
- Raised bumpers facing into the truck box seat most frames snuggly preventing bikes from coming into contact while shuttling.
- Raised square pads along the outer tailgate (small pad only) offer the additional security of holding forks in place.
- When the shuttle gets steep and rowdy, secure frames down with a velcro-backed webbing loop and strap system.
- Grommet system offers the ability to lock bikes.
- Storage pocket.
- Size – Small – 39.5″ x 57″ wide with 5 straps,
Race Face Tailgate Pad Small/Medium
You volunteered your truck for shuttle duty this Saturday. There will be multiple bikes piled into its bed as you drive up and down the local mountains and its rowdy backroads. It would be a wise decision to protect both your truck and the bikes with a Race Face Tailgate Pad! The Tailgate Pad is purpose built for trucking yours and your buddies’ bikes up and down the mountain while keeping them easy to load on and grab off the back of the truck. Race Face has put some serious thought into this pad. Most notably, they have placed bumpers facing into the truck bed and also on the exterior of the gate pad. These will keep bikes separated and prevent them from coming into contact with each other as you ramble up the hill. The pad’s exterior is constructed using durable nylon denier fabric and given a DWR treatment for protect from the elements. On the interior, it is lined with a micro-brushed fabric to protect against scratches and wear marks. Additional straps help keep bikes stationary when the back roads get a bit unruly. You’ll be the champion shuttler of the day with the Tailgate pad!